Monday, May 30, 2011

Sing...Sing a Song

Oh, blog how I have missed thee. I have been so busy lately that something HAD to give and well, I guess I spun one too many plates and the blog went on hiatus (again!) for a little while.

I wish I had a built in notepad. Like when an idea strikes me while I'm in the middle of making dinner or teaching Sunday school or watching swimming lessons, I could just tap my right ear, speak my idea and it would be recorded for posterity (and later use as a blog entry). But alas, I have no built-in micro chip (that I know of) so when I think of any idea, I either have to write it down super fast (then lose the written note) or try REAL hard to emblazon the thought in my brain so I will remember it later.

Fact is...neither of these options works very well for me. So all those fab ideas I concocted whilst super-duper busy the last several weeks...yeah, that's right. They're gone. So I think I will just hop back on the old 30 Days bandwagon and pick up where I left off:


Day 10- Songs you listen to when you are....

When I am what? Stuck in an emotion? When I find 10 minutes to myself, alone, at home? I do listen to music but find the older I am, the less I am driven to listen to particular songs at particular times. I listen to what I like. As I review this list however, I see I am fervently stuck in the 90's. Many of the songs that really mean something to me...songs that awaken a place deep in my soul...come from that period. But not all of them. Some are new(er). I find I listen to new(er) music because of the young(er) people I work with. They tend to listen to the latest in alternative-type rock. I'm just along for the ride.

I do love Pandora internet radio. I have some 90's stations and some new(er) stations. I have some jazz and even a sneaky Christian music station. That's a nod to my friend Nate who claims Christian music is sneaky because it sounds good, you like it and then...BAM! turns out they are sneaking Christian lyrics in there. However, my favorite worship songs are unabashedly about Jesus.

So, here it is. My list of songs I listen to when I am...

HAPPY
The Ballad of Peter Pumpkin Head-XTC
Janglin'-Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Mercy-Duffy



SAD
I Can Only Imagine-Mercy Me
Sour Times-Portishead
Love Will Come to You-Indigo Girls



MAD
Man in A Box-Alice In Chains
I Will Not Be Moved-Natalie Grant
Girlfriend-Matthew Sweet



INTROSPECTIVE
Gray Cells Green-Neds Atomic Dustbin
Chasing Pavements-Adelle
Leave the Pieces-The Wreckers



WORSHIPFUL
How He Loves-David Crowder Band
Revelation Song-Phillips, Craig & Dean
Fall On Me - Kat Regester


SINGING KARAOKE
Wide Open Spaces-Dixie Chicks
Crazy-Patsy Cline
Constant Craving-k.d. lang

So unless I figure out a way to get that notepad microchip installed, I will probably continue on my 30 day quest. Don't laugh because you know it's been nearly 7 months and I've only made it to number 10. See you soon with Day 11- Long term goals for this year/5 years from now/10 years from now.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I was thinking about this too (internal notepad) and realized my phone has a notepad, and as it is never far from my reach, it might be the next best thing :) ... I'd lose the paper notes too!

    ReplyDelete