I know it's been a long time so don't fall over when you see this! Whilst I am recovering from an unexpected bought of bronchitis (is there ever an expected bought?) I thought I might put my time to good use...or at least do something beside wheeze and cough my fool head off!
So, without further procrastination...here's the latest in my installment of 30 Day Blog Posts (okay, more like 30 Week):
Day 8: Short Terms Goals for This Month and Why
I will admit the delay in posting was not entirely based on my internet connection problem. My friend Ang (over at momsrandomramblings.blogspot.com) hit the nail on the head the other day when she said "stop thinking about it so much!" In other words, quit over-processing the topic and get your butt in gear! So, my internet connection has been restored and I am attempting to just "get on with it".
1) Goal #1 - School. Well, it's May. So that means finishing the school year with a bang instead of a slow fizzle. Already The Bugs are getting antsy and want to let their guard down. The only good thing about all the rain we've been getting? It makes the kids less inclined to think it's already summer. When it's a soaking wet 42 degrees outside and Noah's working on the ark in the back yard, it's hard to get really excited about summer fun like the pool, riding bikes, sidewalk chalk and popsicles.
2) Goal #2 = VBS. It's coming. Soon. And I'm in charge. I seem to have difficulty getting volunteers for this fun summer-time event. I don't think that's necessarily a personal failure, I just think there's a lot to distract folks...especially in the summer. This year we are doing a program called "Chase The Light". I'm excited about it! It's sort of a Glee (for the G-rated set) meets summer camp experience introducing all the Misfits from the Bible whose lives were forever changed when they met Jesus. So, if you're not busy June 20-23 from 6:30-8:30pm...call me. I have a place for you!
3) Goal #3 - Get Back on the Wagon. So you're wondering about the old weight loss journey? Yeah, me too. I did visit the dietician twice and I did try some supplements that were, meh. Bleh. Blah. Not so tasty. I have to admit I have not really been paying attention these last few weeks. I will step up and put blame where blame is due: it's my evil co-workers who are determined to see how many sweets they can possibly bring to the office in one day! No, really it's all me. I'm the one who has to make the decision to make this work. Or not. It didn't help that my insurance company denied my dietician visits and now I have a $250 bill to pay.
4) Goal # 4 - Get Back to Reality. I mean real reality. Not just reality television. I am so keyed up about all the shows that are heading to a finish that my mind cannot keep up. I've always been a loyal follower of Amazing Race but this year the kids sucked me into Dancing with the Stars and American Idol. Now I also catch Undercover Boss and the last hour of Celebrity Apprectice (what happened this week?!?) We need a calendar just to keep up with which show is which night. Thank goodness things are coming to a close. But, wait...there's more! So You Think You Can Dance will kick off just as soon as these others are wrapped up. Would somebody please get me off this crazy reality merry-go-round?
5) Goal #5 - Get A Clue. There's always those other goals floating around in the back of my noggin. You know the ones that are always there but that are rarely ever ALL achieved at once? Work more on my marriage, try to be a better mom, spend more time with Jesus (and less time with the television-see Goal #4), cook more real food, floss more often, drink more water and the list goes on and on and on. Having more on my list doesn't make me a better person. Oh, wow...think I just found my clue!
So, there you have it. Installment number 8...just for you Ang. I didn't think about it, I just let it fly. So no guarantees as to the cohesiveness or readability. This is what you get when I just jump right in wherever my brain happens to be. So, I'm not going to think about it anymore...
Well, maybe I should write a little more. Or maybe I should just start over. Or maybe no one really wants to read what I have to say. Or maybe I will just not hit the PUBLISH button or, um, maybe I'm just thinking too much?